The Nutrition and Dietetics service based within Ashford and St Peter’s NHS Trust provides services to patients, staff and local population throughout the Surrey PCT (North West Locality).
Services are provided from the Acute Trust, to Surrey Community Health and to Surrey and Borders Partnership. The service encompasses dietary advice and / or nutritional support to inpatients and outpatients referred from consultants and other health professionals. The service also provides an education role both to patient groups and a wide range of health professionals, as well as liaison and advice to the catering team.
Inpatient services are offered to all wards at Ashford and St Peter’s and to Walton and Woking community hospitals, which receive weekly visits under the terms of our SLA. We also offer management and support to all patients on home enthral feeds.
Outpatient referrals can be made by letter / standard referral form for:
- OP Referral Diabetes SPH
- OP Referral Domicillary SPH
- OP Referral General SPH
- OP Referral Obesity SPH
- OP Referral Paeds
- OP Referral Paeds Obesity
The Physiotherapy Service serves a population of approximately 300,000 people across both acute and community settings. The acute hospitals within Ashford and St. Peter’s offer both inpatient and outpatient services. The aim of the physiotherapy service is to emphasise the use of physical approaches in the promotion, maintenance and restoration of an individuals physical, psychological and social well being encompassing variations in health status.
Inpatient services are provided on all wards offering acute and rehabilitation interventions.
Outpatient services may be accessed by Consultant and direct GP referral, using the Physiotherapy referral form.
CSH Surrey Podiatry Service
Podiatry services at Ashford and St.Peters Hospitals and in the community are provided by CSH Surrey. Further information regarding the Podiatry Service can be found here.
Speech and Language Therapy
- Assessment and therapy is provided for adults with communication difficulties caused by acquired neurological conditions.
- Assessment and advice is provided for people with swallowing difficulties
- Support and advice provided to carers of those affected by swallowing / communication difficulties.
- Training and advice for staff working with people affected by neurological problems.
- Assessment for communication aids.
- Discharge planning and handover to community services.
- An outpatient service is provided for adults and children with voice difficulties following a referral and opinion from ENT.
- Specialist swallowing assessments are available e.g. video fluoroscopy
Referrals by letter or phone.
Please send details of diagnosis and presenting difficulties, as well as drug history and previous medical history.
Please note that all other outpatient Speech and Language Therapy services are provided by Surrey Community Health.
Tel: 01483 846437
Speech Therapy Department (Adult)
Woking Community Hospital
Visit the Speech Therapy Service page.